- Use a VPN when connecting to a public WI-FI. All office laptops should have the Avast Secure Line VPN installed for you to use as a VPN solution. Note that a VPN is not necessary when you are connected to your home network.
- COVID-19 has created an surge in cyber security threats. Many malicious actors are trying to take advantage of the situation, from creating fake COVID-19 websites with malware that is targeting remote users to Coronavirus Stimulus package scams and phishing campaigns. Please be cautious of the sites you visit, and emails/calls you receive regarding the Corona Virus.
Cyber Security News articles.
- Use strong passwords
- Set up two-factor authentication
- Use a VPN
- Set up firewalls
- Use an antivirus software
- Secure your home router
- Install updates regularly
- Back up your data
- Beware remote desktop tools
- Look out for phishing emails and sites
- Watch out for work-from-home scams
- Use encrypted communications
- Lock your device
Data sharing and Data Access.
- Do Not email any messages that contain user credentials, attachments that contain personal identifiable information such as W-2’s, Employment applications, etc… Email is not a secure form of communication.
- If you need to setup an audio or video conference meeting, you may use either Zoom or Microsoft Teams. Zoom does offer a free account to sign up for but is limited to the following.
Host up to 100 participants
Unlimited 1 to 1 meetings
40 mins limit on group meetings
To sign up for an account go to zoom.us and click on the “Sign Up” button. If you need more than 40 minutes for a meeting you will have to submit a request to upgrade to a Pro account by submitting a helpdesk ticket so that we can request a quote for your department. This may take a few days to add a Pro account due to the procurement process.
Moreover, with our Office 365 services, Microsoft has an Audio/Video conferencing solution that is similar to Zoom. Microsoft Teams is a collaboration app that has many features that help teams stay organized and have conversations—all in one place. However, I would recommend users only focus on using Teams’ communication features for now. This solution can be accessed using the Microsoft Teams app that will be pushed out to your device. You can also download the Teams app on your mobile device through the Apple or Play store Please use link below to watch a videos on how to use MS Teams as a communications solution.