, Executive Director - (850) 638-6131 Ext. 2235 – firstname.lastname@example.org
PAEC Legislative Network services is a cooperative legislative and educational program whereby the 14 member districts of the consortium are able to influence the legislative process more efficiently than on an individual basis and receive timely information to assist with planning and compliance. Through this program, the Consortium serves as a liaison with the Governor’s Office, the Legislature, the Florida Department of Education, and the school districts.
The Legislative Network supports districts by:
- Forming linkages with state and local agencies, entities, and organizations which impact education related policies, programs and practices in Florida.
- Attending and monitoring all meetings of the State Board of Education, Legislature, and various commissions concerned with education.
- Keeping member districts informed on actions taken by these entities through regular reports and PAEC website.
- Coordinating the development of the Consortium’s annual legislative program/priorities.
- Providing quick responses to legislators on questions/concerns about proposed legislation and any other related educational issue.
- Providing assistance in interpreting new or amended legislation.
- Answering questions from member districts about current and previous legislation to assist with planning and compliance.